Job Location & Development (JLD) Program
The Job Location and Development (JLD) is a federally funded program designed to help students find off-campus, part-time employment while attending school.
Advantages of being a part of the JLD Program Heading link
- Provides tools and skills to launch a successful job search
- Teaches you how to navigate Handshake and other job search websites
- Assists with drafting effective resumes and cover letters
- Gives career advice and interview tips
- Receive regular emails with hot job leads and career development updates
- Personal assistance and support from the JLD Coordinator while enrolled at UIC
Benefits of working part-time while a Student Heading link
- Earn money, reduce college debt, increase cash flow
- Explore and clarify your career path and goals
- Build your resume with valuable professional experience
- Develop career readiness skills and competencies
- Connect with employers and establish a network of contacts
- Get ahead of the competition in landing a full-time job after graduation
Other JLD services available to all Students Heading link
- Networking /Hiring Opportunities at Career Fairs and Employer Information Booths
- Career Development Workshops
- Drop-In Advising
JLD Eligibility Requirements Heading link
- Must be a UIC Student registered for at least 6 credit hours
- Cannot be a graduating senior in your last semester; Graduate students are eligible
- U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents only
How to Register Heading link
- Schedule an appointment with the JLD Coordinator, Daisy Pureco, on Handshake
- Choose “Student Employment”, followed by “Student Employment: Job Location and Development Program” as the appointment type.
- After your program eligibility has been verified, your appointment will be approved, and you will receive an email with the meeting details.
Questions? Contact the JLD Coordinator, Daisy Pureco, at email@example.com.