UIC Student Employment Office
Home » Students » University Employment » Graduate Assistantships
Graduate Assistantships, Research Assistantships and/or Graduate Hourly positions may be found in a variety of locations and there is no centralized location for posting these positions. As you search for these positions we recommend you use our online resources as well as network with people you already know to locate openings.
If you have specific questions related to Graduate Assistantships, Research Assistanships and/or Graduate Hourly positions you may contact Human Resources at email@example.com
- UICcareers.com - This is our main job posting site and we encourage all employers, including campus departments, to post jobs at UICcareers.com. If you have never used UICcareers.com and need help gaining access, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312)996-2300.
- UIC HR - Human Resources lists Graduate Positions on their website. You may search for the openings by going to http://jobs.uic.edu. Click on job search at the top of the page. Next, select Graduate Assistant and Graduate Hourly in the category box and click "search".
- UIC Events/Announce - Within the UIC events calendar is a "position available" section. That is another good resource to search for openings. Go to http://events.uic.edu, scroll down to the classified section, and click on "position available".
- Graduate Student Listserv - You may use the Graduate College listserve to get announcement about openings. To join the listserv send an email to email@example.com. In the body of the message type: subscribe gradlist firstname_lastname (replacing your name for "firstname_lastname").
- Your Major Department and others - Many offices on campus run smoothly because of the wonderful work that Graduate Assistants do. Begin with your home department and then branch out to other departments that may be able to use your skills. Also consider talking to the department.
- University Committees - Many university committees also utilize Graduate Assistants. Try contacting Committee Chairs to ask if they may be hiring for the upcoming year. Many of the committees select their Graduate Assistants prior to the end of the year. Try reaching out to committee chairs in May or June, prior to the academic year in which you want a Graduate Assistant position. Click here for links to the Chancellor Committees.
[ Back to Top ]
Copyright © 2016 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois